Monday, April 14, 2014

Project update: fixing small rocker cover oil leak and adjusting valve tappets...

So the new high compression engine has been working well and has plenty of power, but there has been a small oil leak from the back of the rocker cover (aka valve cover) and it idles pretty rough too. So I decided to fix the oil leak by applying some silicone gasket maker to the rubber seal. While I had the rocker cover off, I also adjusted the valves/tappets and boy what a difference it made! The engine runs so quiet and smooth now, almost a bit too quiet. But it makes for a perfect "sleeper" as the car sounds stock but goes very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts: